Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I Trust Life Because I Know Angels Are Real


Tomorrow marks the 3rd anniversary of when my dear friend, Jill became an Angel.  I am so blessed to have been touched by her grace and friendship in my life and in the past three years since her passing, I have continued to feel her presence and guidance and support in my life.  I have been through hell and Heaven these past three years in more ways than one might imagine, but I have grown leaps and bounds as a human being, with my intuition blossoming, my spirit beaming, my awareness of self developing more and more with each new day and experience, my heart opening wide after being punched and filling with more love than I could have ever imagined three or four years ago.

I would like to write that I wish my amiga, Julita (her nickname en español) had been there to see all these amazing changes, but I know she has been there for each and every one of them.  When I see a hummingbird in the dead of winter, I know it’s her.  Or when I hearing the buzz of a baby hummingbird’s delicate wings, I am comforted that her spirit still accompanies me.  When I see a beautiful, colorful sunset or a break in the clouds with a glimmer of sunshine or blue sky peeking through, I know her light will always surround us all with love.  When I remember to breathe while feeling especially stressed, I know she is holding my hand and encouraging me.

I also know that Jill would want me to take credit for all these incredible triumphs as well, and I’m slowly learning the importance of recognizing one’s own strengths and giving myself credit when credit is due.  But my confidence grows even more when I remember that I’m never alone, I’m always accompanied by loving, caring angels who help me journey into my soul and learn from within more and more everyday.

I trust life because I know Angels are real.  I heard this last spring from the inspiring astrologist/psychologist, Debra Silverman, as a mantra for overcoming fear, and I used to repeat it to myself.  Now it’s more of a reminder of what I already know to help strength my trust muscle. This muscle needs regular workouts and lots of TLC. If left unattended, it can wither back into a big scared cat, but when I remember my angel friend watching over me, along with my angel grandparents and angel babysitter and other angel friends, I know I am taken care of and can fall back into the net of love and relax and try to really enjoy this beautiful life we're living.   

Gracias, Julita, por compartir tu espíritu tan bello y fuerte con nosotros, aun cuando ya no estás aquí con nosotros en forma física. Estoy tan bendecida de haberte conocido hace casi una década y siempre estarás conmigo en lo bueno y lo difícil, apoyandome y dandome animo para seguir adelante. Te quiero mucho, Amiga linda. Te extraño muchísimo.  

Love always,
Marita


No comments: