Tuesday, August 6, 2013

On Top of The Mountain-One Year Post-Op

I feel incredibly joyful today to be free of pain & suffering, one year after my major open, abdominal, vascular surgery. The ability to take a nice shower and snuggle with my handsome husband this morning and help prepare a delicious brunch with friends are all things I am so grateful to be able to do today! Last year on this day I began my long and difficult road to recovery by choosing to correct my compressed renal vein which was causing me extreme pain, a rare condition called the Nutcracker Syndrome. I was not able to eat for days, take a normal shower for months, hug my beloved tightly for at least a month, walk upright for more than a month and many other complications, but all that got me to where I am now: pain-free and healed! And with the utmost gratitude and love for my amazing caregivers during that time, my mom and my now husband. And we have been married 4 months today! <3 So I'm choosing to use this post-op-iversary to relish in all of Life's simple and beautiful joys: hugs, snuggling, showers, brunch & hiking! We hiked to the top of the mountain in celebration this afternoon--to Cougar Mountain! I am so blessed!
A special gift my mom made me after my "Nut"cracker Syndrome surgery last year. 

No comments: