Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tranquil Time Tuesdays

As I sit looking out at the Puget Sound hearing the waves lap at the shore and hearing the birds calling and boats buzzing by, I am stuck with extreme gratitude for living in such a beautiful world. The sun is shining and the weather is warm, a special treat for us Seattleites indeed and I have a little bit of free time to unwind after a busy day. I randomly decided to organize all the papers and ideas in my purse this afternoon to hopefully give me a better sense of control. I frequently am struck with a wide array of ideas but don't really have a good system in place yet for organizing all these ideas, so I took a trip to the dollar store after work and found a few purse-sized organizational tools I'm going to try. I haven't yet found a tool that works with my sometimes random thought patterns and flow, but it's important to try to gain some kind of control over my purse and ideas, so I'm trying. :) The warm sunshine on my face and cool breeze on my arms and breathtaking view for my eyes are helping inspire me to stay focused. Yet here I am writing this blog from my smart phone! I feel especially moved to write about my journey through wellness when I'm taking good care of myself, like right now. Taking a few minutes just for me to get organized, relax and take some sweet sea-scented breaths on a sunny summery afternoon helps me manage stress that has visited throughout the day and better prepares me for any unexpected stress in the near future. But I've learned that relaxing requires regular upkeep, like having to water a plant so it will keep looking fresh and healthy. This time to unwind is essential for my well-being and spirit. So here's a shout out to Tuesday...cheers to enjoying tranquil time today! 

How do you make tranquil time for your spirit?

2 comments:

Katherine Jenkins said...

Great to see you blogging! I've recently taken tranquil time for my spirit by taking a moonlit walk with my husband!

Marita said...

Ooh, that sounds heavenly, Kathy! Thanks for reading my blog. You have been such an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your sweet spirit with the world!