Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Becoming Grace-Full

Over the years, I haven’t always felt graceful. (I even had an email account long ago that translated from Spanish into “Marita the Klutz.”) But when looking back at extremely difficult times in my life, I am awestruck by the amount of grace that filled my heart, helped me make the best of it all, and carried me through to an even more beautiful place than I could have ever imagined before I went through the darkness. 

Going through the darkness really teaches us to appreciate and honor the light when we see it again. If we had never been through those rocky times, we might not have noticed all the beauty around us today. It’s grace that we gain from walking through the dark. It’s grace that fills us up so we can reach a more appreciative and love-filled state of being. It’s grace that helps us forgive and move forward and heal. It’s grace that teaches us to live and love with our whole hearts.

In recognizing grace in our lives, we begin to feel more grace and when we're in need of it, we ask openly for the grace to get through it. Little by little, before we know it, we're filled with grace; we're grace-full. :)
 



No comments: