Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Daily Dose of Creativity

"I am so creative. I am actively creative on a daily basis in thought, word and action. It is easy for me to create and share my creations with the world." ~SARK

I just read this on one of my favorite, ultra-inspiring author's weekly newsletters and it is precisely about what I'd like to write about this week: creativity.

SARK, also known as Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy goes on to ask how much the above statement is true for each of us. I am happy to report that after 7 consecutive days of daily acts of creativity by participating in the Fun-A-Day challenge, I agree wholeheartedly with the quote above! And this makes me happy, fills me with creative flow and light, inspires me to be a more positive person, and makes my soul purr. 

If anyone reading this is looking for a way to feel more connected and begin a habit of creativity, Fun-A-Day is the way! By creating something each day, no matter how grand or small, in the month of January (or any month or 31-day period would work) and keeping track of your creations to display in a community art show (and/or online if you'd prefer) at the end of the month, we can become hooked on creative expression and form a positive habit of making time for ourselves each day to express ourselves creatively in any way we'd like. It gives you a sense of control because you are in charge of your own projects and a great sense of accomplishment when you see all you've created--for me even after only a week! 

I also decided to post my daily creativity on this blog, as a way to share and inspire and as a way to hold myself accountable because I know some friends may be waiting to see what I'll create next, so I don't want to let them or myself down. It's such a positive and fun way to practice habit forming and keeping. Before or while taking on a big, new habit, like many of us do at the beginning of each new year, wouldn't being creative each day and sharing what you've created with others be a fun way to prep your mind and discipline muscles in order to stick to what you've set out to accomplish and complete in one month's time?

If you decide to take part in your own Fun-A-Day challenge, I'd love to hear and see what you come up with. :) Sharing within your community, whether it be a virtual one or your actual neighborhood or workplace, is another excellent way to help you stick to your goals, inspire others in the process, and get much-needed support from others as well.

Here is a collage of my first 7 days of Daily Creativity, a potpourri of different ways to express myself, but there are no rules to creativity so the sky's the limit! Most important, have fun and relish in the feeling that expressing your creativity brings.  By the way, today's Fun-A-Day for me IS this blog post. ;-) 





No comments: